- •O2 depletion in water is affected by beam pulse patterns.
- •Average dose rate has higher impact than pulse dose rate.
- •Water results correlate with biological data on FLASH effect => radicals as cause for FLASH effect.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Understanding the FLASH effect to unravel the potential of ultra-high dose rate irradiation.Int J Radiat Biol. 2022; 98: 505-516
- Ultrahigh dose-rate FLASH irradiation increases the differential response between normal and tumor tissue in mice.Sci Transl Med. 2014; 6: 1-10
- The advantage of FLASH radiotherapy confirmed in mini-pig and cat-cancer patients.Clin Cancer Res. 2019; 25: 35-42
- Clinical translation of FLASH radiotherapy: why and how?.Radiother Oncol. 2019; 139: 11-17
- Establishment and initial experience of clinical FLASH radiotherapy in canine cancer patients.Front Oncol. 2021; 11
- FLASH proton radiotherapy spares normal epithelial and mesenchymal tissues while preserving sarcoma response.Cancer Res. 2021; 81: 4808-4821
- Oxygen depletion in cells irradiated at ultra-high dose-rates and at conventional dose-rates.Int J Radiat Biol. 1974; 26: 17-29
- Cancer cells can exhibit a sparing FLASH effect at low doses under normoxic in vitro-conditions.Front Oncol. 2021; : 2890
- The FLASH effect depends on oxygen concentration.British J Radiol. 2020; 92: 20190702
- Electron dose rate and oxygen depletion protect zebrafish embryos from radiation damage.Radiother Oncol. 2021; 158: 7-12
- May Oxygen depletion explain the FLASH effect? A chemical track structure analysis.Radiother Oncol. 2021; 162: 69-75
- Does FLASH deplete oxygen? Experimental evaluation for photons, protons, and carbon ions.Med Phys. 2021; 48: 3982-3990
- Oxygen monitoring in model solutions and in vivo in mice during proton irradiation at conventional and FLASH dose rates.Radiat Res. 2022;
- Modeling the effect of oxygen on the chemical stage of water radiolysis using GPU-based microscopic Monte Carlo simulations, with an application in FLASH radiotherapy.Phys Med Biol. 2021; 66: 025004
- Quantification of oxygen depletion during FLASH irradiation in vitro and in vivo.Int J Radiat Oncol* Biol* Phys. 2021;
- Model studies of the role of oxygen in the FLASH effect.Med Phys. 2021; 49: 2068-2081
- Ultra-high dose rate effect on circulating immune cells: a potential mechanism for FLASH effect?.Radiother Oncol: J Eur Soc Therapeutic Radiol Oncol. 2020; 149: 55-62
- All irradiations that are ultra-high dose rate may not be FLASH: the critical importance of beam parameter characterization and in vivo validation of the FLASH effect.Radiat Res. 2020; 194: 571-572
- Beam pulse structure and dose rate as determinants for the Flash effect observed in zebrafish embryo.Int J Radiother Oncol. 2022; 173: 49-54
- The time interval after pulsed irradiation within which injury to bacteria can be modified by dissolved oxygen. I. A search for an effect of oxygen 0.02 second after pulsed irradiation.Radiat Res. 1958; 9: 422-437
- Ultra-high dose rate (FLASH) radiotherapy: silver bullet or fool's gold?.Front Oncol. 2020; 9: 1563
- The Rossendorf radiation source ELBE and its FEL projects.Nucl Instrum Methods Phys Res, Sect B. 2000; 161–163: 1143-1147
- Dose rate dependence for different dosimeters and detectors: TLD, OSL, EBT films, and diamond detectors.Med Phys. 2012; 39: 2447-2455
- Impact of target oxygenation on the chemical track evolution of ion and electron radiation.Int J Mol Sci. 2020; 21: 424
- Response to “Comment on: May oxygen depletion explain the FLASH effect? A chemical track structure analysis”.Radiother Oncol. 2021; 163: 237-239
- Utrafast tracking of oxygen dynamics during proton FLASH.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2022; 113: 624-634
- Keeping and raising zebrafish.in: Zebrafish pract approach. Oxford University Press, Oxford2002: 7-37
Blain G, Vandenborre J, Villoing D, Fiegel V, Fois GR, Haddad F, et al. Proton irradiations at ultra-high dose rate vs. conventional dose rate: strong impact on hydrogen peroxide yield. Radiat Res; 2022 [in press].
Kacem H, Psoroulas S, Boivin G, Folkerts M, Grilj V, Lomax T, et al. Comparing radiolytic production of H 2 O 2 and development of Zebrafish embryos after ultra high dose rate exposure with electron and Transmission proton beams, Radiother Oncol 2022;175:197–202.
- A physicochemical model of reaction kinetics supports peroxyl radical recombination as the main determinant of the FLASH effect.Radiother Oncol. 2020; 175: 303-310