- •The timing and benefit of adjuvant radiation for lower-grade glioma (WHO grade II–III) are not well established.
- •A prognostic signature constructed from the expression of 5 genes was validated in patients with lower-grade glioma in two unrelated genomics consortia.
- •This signature was significantly associated with progression-free survival and overall survival, independent of relevant covariates, and may also be predictive of response to radiation treatment.
Background and purpose
Materials and methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- CBTRUS Statistical Report: Primary brain and other central nervous system tumors diagnosed in the United States in 2009–2013.Neuro Oncol. 2016; 18: v1-v75
- The 2016 World Health Organization Classification of Tumors of the Central Nervous System: a summary.Acta Neuropathol. 2016; 131: 803-820
- Comprehensive, integrative genomic analysis of diffuse lower-grade gliomas.N Engl J Med. 2015; 372: 2481-2498
- Central nervous system cancers, version 3.2020, NCCN clinical practice guidelines in oncology.J Natl Compr Canc Netw. 2020; 18: 1537-1570
- Radiation plus Procarbazine, CCNU, and vincristine in low-grade glioma.N Engl J Med. 2016; 374: 1344-1355
- Phase III trial of chemoradiotherapy for anaplastic oligodendroglioma: long-term results of RTOG 9402.J Clin Oncol. 2013; 31: 337-343
- Adjuvant procarbazine, lomustine, and vincristine chemotherapy in newly diagnosed anaplastic oligodendroglioma: long-term follow-up of EORTC brain tumor group study 26951.J Clin Oncol. 2013; 31: 344-350
- Long-term efficacy of early versus delayed radiotherapy for low-grade astrocytoma and oligodendroglioma in adults: the EORTC 22845 randomised trial.Lancet. 2005; 366: 985-990
- Early versus delayed postoperative radiotherapy for treatment of low-grade gliomas.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2020; 1: CD009229
- The survival outcomes of molecular glioblastoma IDH-wildtype: a multicenter study.J Neuro Oncol. 2022; 157: 177-185
- Construction of a prognostic gene signature associated with immune infiltration in glioma: a comprehensive analysis based on the CGGA.J Oncol. 2021; 2021: 6620159
- An immune gene-related five-lncRNA signature for to predict glioma prognosis.Front Genet. 2020; 11: 612037
- Six immune associated genes construct prognostic model evaluate low-grade glioma.Front Immunol. 2020; 11: 606164
- The predictive value of monocytes in immune microenvironment and prognosis of glioma patients based on machine learning.Front Immunol. 2021; 12: 656541
- Identification of potential biomarkers related to glioma survival by gene expression profile analysis.BMC Med Genomics. 2019; 11: 34
- Prognostic value of a stemness index-associated signature in primary lower-grade glioma.Front Genet. 2020; 11: 441
- A risk signature of three autophagy-related genes for predicting lower grade glioma survival is associated with tumor immune microenvironment.Genomics. 2021; 113: 767-777
- Classifying lower grade glioma cases according to whole genome gene expression.Oncotarget. 2016; 7: 74031-74042
- Gene signatures based on therapy responsiveness provide guidance for combined radiotherapy and chemotherapy for lower grade glioma.J Cell Mol Med. 2020; 24: 4726-4735
- An integrated TCGA pan-cancer clinical data resource to drive high-quality survival outcome analytics.Cell. 2018; 173: e11
- Chinese glioma genome atlas (CGGA): a comprehensive resource with functional genomic data from Chinese glioma patients.Genomics Proteom Bioinform. 2021; 19: 1-12
- RSEM: accurate transcript quantification from RNA-Seq data with or without a reference genome.BMC Bioinform. 2011; 12: 323
- Methods that remove batch effects while retaining group differences may lead to exaggerated confidence in downstream analyses.Biostatistics. 2016; 17: 29-39
- Feature selection for unsupervised learning.J Mach Learn Res. 2004; 5: 845-889
- Gene ontology: tool for the unification of biology.Nat Genet. 2000; 25: 25-29
- Implications of mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling in glioma.J Neurosci Res. 2016; 94: 114-127
- Immune suppression in gliomas.J Neuro Oncol. 2021; 151: 3-12
- The pathobiology of glioma tumors.Annu Rev Pathol. 2010; 5: 33-50
- Evaluating the yield of medical tests.JAMA. 1982; 247: 2543-2546
- A clinical perspective on the 2016 WHO brain tumor classification and routine molecular diagnostics.Neuro Oncol. 2017; 19: 614-624
- The 2021 WHO classification of Tumors of the central nervous system: a summary.Neuro Oncol. 2021; 23: 1231-1251
- Signal transduction by the JNK group of MAP kinases.Cell. 2000; 103: 239-252
- Linking JNK activity to the DNA damage response.Genes Cancer. 2013; 4: 360-368
- Integrated molecular meta-analysis of 1,000 pediatric high-grade and diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma.Cancer Cell. 2017; 32: e5
- Chemokines enhance immunity by guiding naive CD8+ T cells to sites of CD4+ T cell-dendritic cell interaction.Nature. 2006; 440: 890-895
- Tetanus toxoid and CCL3 improve dendritic cell vaccines in mice and glioblastoma patients.Nature. 2015; 519: 366-369
- The metalloproteinase ADAMTS1: a comprehensive review of its role in tumorigenic and metastatic pathways.Int J Cancer. 2013; 133: 2263-2276
- Identification of radiation responsive genes and transcriptome profiling via complete RNA sequencing in a stable radioresistant U87 glioblastoma model.Oncotarget. 2018; 9: 23532-23542
- Full-length ADAMTS-1 and the ADAMTS-1 fragments display pro- and antimetastatic activity, respectively.Oncogene. 2006; 25: 2452-2467
Two Studies for patients with high risk prostate cancer testing less intense treatment for patients with a low gene risk score and testing a more intense treatment for patients with a high gene risk score. The PREDICT-RT Trial https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04513717.