- •Outcomes of high grade STS were comparedwith or without Ifosfamide–Doxorubicin.
- •Histology included Synovial Cell, DDL, Myxofibrosarcoma, RCLS, UPS, and US-NOS.
- •Suggests improved DMFS, DSS and OS using chemotherapy in selected patients.
Abbreviations:DDL (Dedifferentiated-Liposarcoma), DMFS (distant-metastases-free-survival), DSS (disease-specific-survival), FNCLCC (Federation-Nationale-des-Centres-de-Lutte-Contra-le-Cancer), LRFS (local-recurrence-free-survival), MPNST (Malignant-Peripheral-Nerve-Sheath-Tumors), MVA (multivariable-analysis), OS (overall-survival), RCLS (Round-Cell-Liposarcoma), STS (soft-tissue-sarcoma), UPS (Undifferentiated-Pleomorphic-Sarcoma), US-NOS (Undifferentiated-Sarcoma-not-otherwise-specified)
Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Adjuvant chemotherapy for localized resectable soft-tissue sarcoma of adults: meta-analysis of individual data.Lancet. 1997; 350: 1647-1654
- Adjuvant chemotherapy for adult soft tissue sarcoma of the extremities and girdles: results of the Italian randomized cooperative trial.J Clin Oncol. 2001; 19: 1238-1247
- A systematic meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials of adjuvant chemotherapy for localized resectable soft-tissue sarcoma.Cancer. 2008; 113: 573-581
- Treatment-induced pathologic necrosis: A predictor of local recurrence and survival in patients receiving neoadjuvant therapy for high-grade extremity soft tissue sarcomas.J Clin Oncol. 2001; 19: 3203-3209
- AJCC cancer staging handbook.7th ed. Springer, Chicago, IL2010
- Non-parametric estimation from incomplete observations.J Am Stat Assoc. 1958; 53: 457-481
- Regression models and life tables.JR Stat Soc B. 1972; 34: 187-202
- Reducing bias in observation studies using subclassification on the propensity score.J Am Stat Assoc. 1984; 79: 516-524
Eilber FC, Brennan MF, Eilber FR, et al. Chemotherapy is associated with improved survival in adult patients with primary extremity synovial sarcoma. Ann Surg 2007;246:105-113.
Eilber FC, Eilber FR, Eckardt J, et al. The impact of chemotherapy on the survival of patients with high-grade primary extremity liposarcoma. Ann Surg 2004; 240:686-697.
- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy in high-risk soft tissue sarcomas: final results of a randomized trial from Italian (ISG), Spanish (GEIS), French (FSG), and Polish (PSG) sarcoma groups.J Clin Oncol. 2020; 38: 2178-2186
- Prognostic and predictive factors for outcome to first-line ifosfamide-containing chemotherapy for adult patients with advanced soft tissue sarcomas: An exploratory, retrospective analysis on large series from the European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer-Soft Tissue and Bone Sarcoma Group (EORTC-STBSG).Eur J Cancer. 2010; 46: 72-83
- Phase III trial of two investigational schedules of Ifosfamide compared with standard-dose doxorubicin in advanced or metastatic soft tissue sarcoma: A European Organization for Research and Treatment of cancer soft tissue and bone sarcoma group study.J Clin Oncol. 2007; 25: 3144-3150
☆Disclaimer: The interpretation and reporting of these data are the sole responsibility of the authors. Dr. Goy had full access to all the data in the study and takes responsibility for the integrity of the data and the accuracy of the data analysis. The views expressed in the submitted article are the author’s own and are not an official position of the Southern California Kaiser Permanente Medical Group.Kaiser Permanente IRB# 10652.
☆☆To be presented at the American Society of Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL, U.S.A., October 24-27, 2021.