- •Recurrence of nasopharyngeal carcinoma after chemoradiotherapy is common.
- •Submucosal recurrence of nasopharyngeal carcinoma is a rare type.
- •Sampling tissues from submucosal lesions is usually difficult in clinical work.
- •Endoscopic ultrasound-guided biopsy is effective for submucosal recurrent neoplasms.
Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Global cancer statistics. 2012.CA Cancer J Clin. 2015; 65: 87-108https://doi.org/10.3322/caac.21262
- Long-term patterns of relapse and survival following definitive intensity-modulated radiotherapy for non-endemic nasopharyngeal carcinoma.Oral Oncol. 2016; 53: 67-73
- A prospective, randomized study comparing outcomes and toxicities of intensity-modulated radiotherapy vs. conventional two-dimensional radiotherapy for the treatment of nasopharyngeal carcinoma.Radiother Oncol. 2012; 104: 286-293
- Long-term outcomes of intensity-modulated radiotherapy for 868 patients with nasopharyngeal carcinoma: an analysis of survival and treatment toxicities.Radiother Oncol. 2014; 110: 398-403
- The impact of dosimetric inadequacy on treatment outcome of nasopharyngeal carcinoma with IMRT.Oral Oncol. 2014; 50: 506-512
- Intensity-modulated radiotherapy with simultaneous integrated boost for locoregionally advanced nasopharyngeal carcinoma.Radiat Oncol. 2014; 9: 56https://doi.org/10.1186/1748-717X-9-56
- Evaluation of computed tomography-guided parapharyngeal mass needle biopsy through mandibular notch for diagnosis of recurrent nasopharyngeal carcinoma.J Cancer Res Ther. 2014; 10: C229-C231https://doi.org/10.4103/0973-1482.145887
- The role of pre-operative CT-guided FNAB for parapharyngeal space tumors.Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2007; 136: 411-414https://doi.org/10.1016/j.otohns.2006.10.006
- Efficacy of transnasal endoscopic fine-needle aspiration biopsy in diagnosing submucosal nasopharyngeal carcinoma.Laryngoscope. 2021; 131: 1798-1804https://doi.org/10.1002/lary.29433
- Diagnosis of nonexophytic nasopharyngeal lesion with endoscopy-guided core needle biopsy after narrow band imaging.Oncotarget. 2017; 8: 76069-76075https://doi.org/10.18632/oncotarget.18475
- Application of narrow band imaging endoscopy in early diagnosis of nasopharyngeal carcinoma.Chin J Otorhinolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2014; 49: 141-144https://doi.org/10.3760/cma.j.issn.1673-0860.2014.02.010
- Feasibility of diagnosing a submucosal nasopharyngeal carcinoma by endonasopharyngeal ultrasound-guided transnasopharyngeal needle aspiration.Chin Med J (Engl). 2018; 131: 1506-1508https://doi.org/10.4103/0366-6999.233947
- Clinical application of endonasopharyngeal ultrasound-guided transnasopharyngeal needle aspiration in the diagnosis of submucosal nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Endosc.Ultrasound. 2020; 9: 397-401https://doi.org/10.4103/eus.eus_19_20
National Comprehensive Cancer Network. Non-small cell lung cancer, http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp/; 2007 [accessed 10 April 2021].
- Invasive mediastinal staging of lung cancer: ACCP evidence-based clinical practice guidelines (2nd edition).Chest. 2007; 132: 202S-220Shttps://doi.org/10.1378/chest.07-1362
- Lung cancer diagnosis and staging with endobronchial ultrasound-guided transbronchial needle aspiration compared with conventional approaches: an open-label, pragmatic, randomized controlled trial.Lancet Respir Med. 2015; 3: 282-289https://doi.org/10.1016/S2213-2600(15)00029-6
- Endobronchial ultrasound-guided transbronchial needle aspiration for staging of lung cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Eur J Cancer. 2009; 45: 1389-1396https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejca.2008.11.043
- Fine-needle aspiration of a retropharyngeal lymph node guided by endoscopic ultrasonography.Endoscopy. 2015; 47: E449-E450
- Ultrasound-guided fine needle aspiration of retropharyngeal lymph nodes after radiotherapy for nasopharyngeal carcinoma: a novel technique for accurate diagnosis.Cancer Commun (Lond). 2018; 38: 20https://doi.org/10.1186/s40880-018-0286-z