Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The role of radiotherapy in cancer treatment: Estimating optimal utilization from a review of evidence-based clinical guidelines.Cancer. 2005; 104: 1129-1137
- Health economics in radiation oncology: introducing the ESTRO HERO project.Radiother Oncol. 2012; 103: 109-112https://doi.org/10.1016/j.radonc.2011.12.026
- Error in the delivery of radiation therapy: results of a quality assurance review.Int J Radiat Oncol. 2005; 61: 1590-1595https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrobp.2004.10.017
- Quality assurance in radiotherapy: evaluation of errors and incidents recorded over a 10 year period.Radiother Oncol. 2005; 74: 283-291https://doi.org/10.1016/j.radonc.2004.12.003
- The impact of changing technology and working practices on errors at the NCCT. 1998–2006.Clin Oncol. 2007; 19: S37https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clon.2007.01.386
- Consensus recommendations for incident learning database structures in radiation oncology.Med Phys. 2012; 39: 7272
IAEA (Safron). Available at: https://rpop.iaea.org/RPOP/RPoP/Modules/login/safron-register.htmn. Last accessed December 22, 2016.
ROSIS. Available at http://www.rosis.info. Last accessedacccessed December 22, 2016.
MED. European Directive 97/43 Euratom. Medical Exposure Directive. European Commisssion. Available at http://ec.europa.eu/energy/nuclear/radiation_protection/medical/medlegislation_en.htm. Accessed on February 5, 2014.
- Patient safety in external beam radiotherapy – Guidelines on risk assessment and analysis of adverse error-events and near misses: Introducing the ACCIRAD project.Radiother Oncol. 2014; 112: 194-198https://doi.org/10.1016/j.radonc.2014.08.011
- Patient safety in external beam radiotherapy, results of the ACCIRAD project: current status of proactive risk assessment, reactive analysis of events, and reporting and learning systems in Europe.Radiother Oncol. 2017; 123: 29-36https://doi.org/10.1016/j.radonc.2017.02.016
Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons in Canada. The Canadian patient safety dictionary. Available at: https://psnet.ahrq.gov/resources/resource/1436/canadian-patient-safety-dictionary. Last accessed December 22, 2016.
- BMJ bans ‘accidents’.BMJ. 2001; 322: 1320-1321https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.322.7298.1320
WHO International Classification of Patient Safety. Available at http://www.who.int/patientsafety/implementation/taxonomy/icps_technical_report_en.pdf. Last accessed December 22, 2016.
WHO World Health Organization Conceptual framework for the international classification for patient safety Available at: http://www.who.int/patientsafety/implementation/taxonomy/publications/en/ 2009 Last accessed December 22, 2016
ASTRO. Safety is no accident. Available at https://www.astro.org/uploadedFiles/Main_Site/Clinical_Practice/Patient_Safety/Blue_Book/SafetyisnoAccident.pdf. Last accessed December 22, 2016.
NHS, 2012b, Risk Management Policy & Procedure – Incident Reporting, Risk Assessment, Risk Registers, Learning from Incidents, Complaints and Claims; NHS Health risk assessment made easy - 2007-05 - V3 Quality & Risk Committee Terms of Reference http://
World Health Organization Radiotherapy Risk Profile. Technical manual. Retrieved from http://www.who.int/patientsafety/activities/technical/radiotherapy_risk_profile.pdf Radiotherapy Risk Profile.
BSS. EC Council Directive: 96/29/EURATOM/1. Available at https://osha.europa.eu/en/legislation/directives/73. Last accessed December 22, 2016.
ASN Available at: https://professionnels.asn.fr/Les-Guides-de-l-ASN/Guide-de-l-ASN-n-5-Management-de-la-securite-et-de-la-qualite-des-soins-de-radiotherapie 2008 Last accessed December 22, 2016
- Prevention of accidental exposure in radiotherapy: the risk matrix approach.Health Phys. 2013; 104: 139-150
- Improving patient safety in radiotherapy by learning from near misses, incidents and errors.Br J Radiol. 2007; 80: 297-301https://doi.org/10.1259/bjr/29018029
Bogdanich W. As Technology Surges, Radiation Safeguards Lag. Available at: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/27/us/27radiation.html. Last accessed December 22, 2016. New York Times
Kirby EJ. Cancer patients’ battle for justice. Available at: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/from_our_own_correspondent/7049319.stm. Last accessed December 22, 2016. BBC News
- Incidents analysis in radiation therapy: application of the human factors analysis and classification system.Ann Ist Super Sanita. 2009; 45: 128-133
- Risk analysis in radiation treatment: application of a new taxonomic structure.Radiother Oncol. 2006; 80: 282-287https://doi.org/10.1016/j.radonc.2006.07.004
- Taxonometric applications in radiotherapy incident analysis.Int J Radiat Oncol. 2008; 71: S200-S203https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrobp.2007.06.085
- Towards an international classification for patient safety: the conceptual framework.Int J Qual Heal Care. 2009; 21: 2-8https://doi.org/10.1093/intqhc/mzn054
- Defining and classifying medical error: lessons for patient safety reporting systems.Qual Saf Heal Care. 2004; 13: 13-20https://doi.org/10.1136/qhc.13.1.13
- Classification of medical errors and preventable adverse events in primary care: a synthesis of the literature.J Fam Pract. 2002; 51: 927-932
Royal College of Radiologists. Towards safer radiotherapy. Available from: https://www.rcr.ac.uk/docs/oncology/pdf/Towards_saferRT_final.pdf [Last accessed December 22, 2016]
- T. ROSIS (radiation oncology safety information system) recognising risk, enhancing safety.Radiother Oncol. 2004; 73: S220https://doi.org/10.1016/s0167-8140(04)82361-2
ASN-SFRO, The ASN-SFRO scale Available at: http://annual-report2009.asn.fr/files/ASN-SFRO_2009_scale.pdf 2009 Last accessed December 22, 2016
NRC NRC Report and notification of a medical event Available at http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CFR-2003-title10-vol1/xml/CFR-2003-title10-vol1-sec35-3045.xml 2013 Last accessed December 22, 2016
- Medical accelerator safety considerations: Report of AAPM Radiation Therapy Committee Task Group No. 35.Med Phys. 1993; 20: 1261-1275https://doi.org/10.1118/1.596977
JCAHO JCAHO Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations Retrieved from http://www.jointcommission.org/ 2002
HSE (2006). Health and Safety Executive (HSE) Guidance Note PM77 Equipment used in connection with medical exposures. 3rd edition. Available at: http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/guidance/pm77.pdf. Last accessed December 22, 2016.
STUK (2011). STUK Guide ST 2.1: ‘QA in Radiotherapy’. Available at: http://www.finlex.fi/data/normit/22197-ST2-1e.pdf. Last accessed December 22, 2016.
ARPANSA (2008). Autralian Radition Protection and Nuclear Safety Agency RPS-14.3. Radiation protection in radiotherapy. Available at: http://www.arpansa.gov.au/pubs/rps/rps14_3.pdf. Last accessed, December 22, 2016.
- Therapy technologies.Ann ICRP. 2009; 39: 1-2https://doi.org/10.1016/j.icrp.2009.12.001
Prevention of accidental exposures to patients undergoing radiation therapy. Ann ICRP 2000;30:7. doi:10.1016/s0146-6453(01)00035-5.
B.S.S. Ec Available at: http://ec.europa.eu/energy/nuclear/radiation_protection/radiation_protection_en.htm 2013 Last accessed December 22, 2016
ISO. ISO 9001: Quality management systems.