Background and purpose
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Radiotherapy and Oncology
- Addressing the leadership gap in medicine: Residents' need for systematic leadership development training.Acad Med. 2012; 87: 513-522
- Frank J. Snell L. Sherbino J. CanMEDS2015 physician competency framework. Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, Ottawa2015 (<http://www.royalcollege.ca/rcsite/documents/canmeds/canmeds-full-framework-e.pdf>)
- How physicians can change the future of health care.JAMA. 2007; 297: 1103-1111
- Developing physician-leaders: a call to action.J Gen Intern Med. 2009; 24: 876-878
- The link between leadership and safety outcomes in hospitals.J Nurs Manag. 2010; 18: 914-925
- Medical leadership: why it's important, what is required, and how we develop it.Postgrad Med J. 2011; 87: 27-32
- Leadership development for clinicians: what are we trying to achieve?.Clin Teach. 2011; 8: 181-185
- A current perspective on a moving target: clinical leadership in postgraduate medical education.Br J Hosp Med. 2010; 71: 220-222
- Embedding physician leadership development within health organizations Leadership in Health Services. 2014; 27: 330-342
- Medical leadership and management: an international revolution.J Health Special. 2015; 3: 39
- Expanding global access to radiotherapy.Lancet Oncol. 2015; 16: 1153-1186
- The updated ESTRO core curricula 2011 for clinicians, medical physicists and RTTs in radiotherapy/radiation oncology.Radiother Oncol. 2012; 103: 103-108
- From Manager to Leader.Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, Ottawa2015 ([Internet]. [cited 2016 Oct 19]. Available at: <http://www.royalcollege.ca/rcsite/documents/cbd/canmeds-2015-manager-to-leader-e.pdf>)
- Leadership development programs for physicians: a systematic review.J Gen Intern Med. 2014; 30: 656-674
- Applying the Delphi technique in a study of GP’s information requirements.Health Soc Care Com. 1999; 7: 198-205
- The Delphi technique in health sciences education research.Med Educ. 2005; 27: 639-643
- Developing a quality criteria framework for patient decision aids: online international Delphi consensus process.BMJ. 2006; https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.38926.629329.AE
- Expert consensus panel guidelines on geriatric assessment in oncology.Eur J Cancer Care. 2015; 24: 574-589
- Determining an imaging literacy curriculum for radiation oncologists: an international Delphi study.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2015; 88: 961-996
- Developing a clinical pathway for the identification and management of anxiety and depression in adult cancer patients: an online Delphi consensus process.Supp Care Cancer. 2015; https://doi.org/10.1007/s00520-015-2742-5
Hsu C-C, Sandford B. The Delphi technique: Making sense of consensus. Pract assess res eval 2007. [Internet]. [cited 2016 Sep 4]. Available at: http://pareonline.net/getvn.asp?v=12&n=10.
- Establishing a Global Radiation Oncology Collaboration in Education (GRaCE): objectives and priorities.Radiother Oncol. 2015; 117: 188-192
- Researching the researchers: using a snowballing technique.Nurse Res. 2004; 12: 35-46
NHS Institute for Innovation and Improvement. Medical Leadership Competency Framework (MLCF) 2011; [Internet]. [cited 2016 Oct 19] Available at: http://www.leadershipacademy.nhs.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/NHSLeadership-Leadership-Framework-Medical-Leadership-Competency-Framework-3rd-ed.pdf.
Royal Australian College of Medical Administration, RACMA Medical Leadership and Management Curriculum Framework 2011 [Internet]. [cited 2016 Sep 4]. Available at: http://www.racma.edu.au/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_view&gid=1077.
Health Education and Training Institute [HETI]. 2013. NSW Health Leadership Framework [Internet]. [cited 2016 Sept 4]. http://www.heti.nsw.gov.au/Global/HETI-Resources/leadership/HETI-leadership-framework.pdf.
- Health LEADS Australia framework: the Australian Health Leadership Framework.Australian Government, 2013 ([Internet]. [cited 2016 Sept 4]. Available at: <https://www.aims.org.au/documents/item/352>)
- Bringing leadership to life in health: LEADS in a caring environment.Springer, New York2014
- The Delphi technique: an adaptive research tool.Br J Occupat Ther. 1998; 61: 153-156
- A systematic review of physician leadership and emotional intelligence.J Grad Med Edu. 2014; 6: 21-31
- Distributed leadership in organisations.Int J Manage Rev. 2011; 13: 251-269
- De Savigny D. Adam T. Systems thinking for health systems strengthening, alliance for health services policy and systems research. World Health Organisation, Geneva2009
- Delphi: myths and reality.J Health Org Manage. 2003; 17: 37-52
- Research guidelines for the Delphi survey technique.J Adv Nurs. 2000; 32: 1008-1015
Escott-Stump S. Leadership with a Little “L” J Acad Nutrit Diet. 2014. 114: S6 [Internet]. [cited 2016 Sept 4]. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jand.2014.02.020.
- The concept of experiential learning and John Dewey's theory of reflective thought and action.Int J Lifelong Edu. 2000; 19: 54-72
- Context-based adult learning.N Dir Adult Contin Edu. 2001; 89: 43-51
Princess Margaret Hospital Young Leaders Program [cited 2017 Apr 4]. Available at: http://www.uhn.ca/PrincessMargaret/Education/Cancer_Campus/Young_Leaders.