Background and purpose
Materials and methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Radiotherapy and Oncology
- Quality of life and satisfaction with outcome among prostate-cancer survivors.N Eng J Med. 2008; 358: 1250-1261
- Individualizing quality-of-life outcomes reporting: how localized prostate cancer treatments affect patients with different levels of baseline urinary, bowel, and sexual function.J Clin Oncol. 2009; 27: 3916-3922
- Health-related quality of life 2 years after treatment with radical prostatectomy, prostate brachytherapy, or external beam radiotherapy in patients with clinically localized prostate cancer.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2008; 72: 421-432
- Quality of life impact of treatments for localized prostate cancer: cohort study with a 5 year follow-up.Radiother Oncol. 2013; 108: 306-313
- Meta-analysis of the alpha/beta ratio for prostate cancer in the presence of an overall time factor: bad news, good news, or no news?.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2013; 85: 89-94
- Stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT) for clinically localized prostate cancer: the Georgetown University experience.Radiat Oncol. 2013; 8: 58
- Cost-effectiveness analysis of stereotactic body radiation therapy versus intensity-modulated radiation therapy: an emerging initial radiation treatment option for organ-confined prostate cancer.J Oncol Pract. 2012; 8: e31s-37s
- Systematic review of the cost effectiveness of radiation therapy for prostate cancer from 2003 to 2013.Appl Health Econ Health Policy. 2014; 12: 391-408
- Stereotactic body radiation therapy versus intensity-modulated radiation therapy for prostate cancer: comparison of toxicity.J Clin Oncol. 2014;
- Stereotactic body radiation therapy versus intensity-modulated radiation therapy for prostate cancer: less cost at the expense of more genitourinary toxicity is a concerning but testable hypothesis.J Clin Oncol. 2014;
- Predictors of rectal tolerance observed in a dose-escalated phase 1–2 trial of stereotactic body radiation therapy for prostate cancer.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2014; 89: 509-517
- Health-related quality of life after stereotactic body radiation therapy for localized prostate cancer: results from a multi-institutional consortium of prospective trials.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2013; 87: 939-945
- Patient-reported outcomes following stereotactic body radiation therapy for clinically localized prostate cancer.Radiati oncol. 2014; 9: 52
- Stereotactic body radiotherapy for localized prostate cancer: disease control and quality of life at 6 years.Radiat Oncol. 2013; 8: 118
- Sexual function after stereotactic body radiotherapy for prostate cancer: results of a prospective clinical trial.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2010; 78: 442-448
- Multi-institutional prospective evaluation of bowel quality of life after prostate external beam radiation therapy identifies patient and treatment factors associated with patient-reported outcomes: the PROSTQA experience.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2013; 86: 546-553
- A phase II trial of real-time target tracking sbrt for low-risk prostate cancer utilizing the calypso 4D localization system: patient-reported quality of life and toxicity outcomes.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2011; 81: S100
- Development and validation of the expanded prostate cancer index composite (EPIC) for comprehensive assessment of health-related quality of life in men with prostate cancer.Urology. 2000; 56: 899-905
- A 12-item short-form health survey: construction of scales and preliminary tests of reliability and validity.Med Care. 1996; 34: 220-233
- Minimally important difference for the expanded prostate cancer index composite short form.Urology. 2015; 85: 101-106
- Comparison of health-related quality of life 5 years after SPIRIT: surgical prostatectomy versus interstitial radiation intervention trial.J Clin Oncol. 2011; 29: 362-368
- The American Urological Association symptom index for benign prostatic hyperplasia. The Measurement Committee of the American Urological Association.J Urol. 1992; 148: 1549-1557
- Prostate cancer practice patterns and quality of life: the Prostate Cancer Outcomes Study.J Natl Cancer Inst. 1999; 91: 1719-1724
- Five-year outcomes after prostatectomy or radiotherapy for prostate cancer: the prostate cancer outcomes study.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2004; 96: 1358-1367
- Using patient-reported outcomes to assess and improve prostate cancer brachytherapy.BJU Int. 2013;
- Reduction in patient-reported acute morbidity in prostate cancer patients treated with 81-Gy Intensity-modulated radiotherapy using reduced planning target volume margins and electromagnetic tracking: assessing the impact of margin reduction study.Urology. 2010; 75: 1004-1008
- Randomized phase II trial of urethral sparing intensity modulated radiation therapy in low-risk prostate cancer: implications for focal therapy.Radiat Oncol. 2012; 7: 82
- Long-term outcomes among localized prostate cancer survivors: health-related quality-of-life changes after radical prostatectomy, external radiation, and brachytherapy.J Clin Oncol. 2005; 23: 2772-2780
- Biochemical control and toxicity after intensity-modulated radiation therapy for prostate cancer.Technol Cancer Res Treat. 2009; 8: 201-206
- Hypofractionated external-beam radiotherapy for prostate cancer.Prostate Cancer. 2013; 2013: 103547
- Late rectal complications after prostate brachytherapy for localized prostate cancer: incidence and management.Cancer. 2009; 115: 1827-1839
Phase III study of HYPOfractionated RadioTherapy of intermediate risk localised Prostate Cancer, <http://www.controlled-trials.com/ISRCTN45905321> (accessed 7/22/14).
Radiation Hypofractionation Via Extended Versus Accelerated Therapy (HEAT) For Prostate Cancer, <http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT01794403> (accessed 7/22/14).
International randomised study of laparoscopic prostatectomy vs stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT) and conventionally fractionated radiotherapy vs SBRT for early stage organ-confined prostate cancer, <http://www.isrctn.com/ISRCTN17627211> (accessed 5/6/2015).