Material and methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Radiotherapy and Oncology
- Cancer Statistics, 2009.CA Cancer J Clin. 2009; 59: 225-249
- Effects of radiotherapy and of differences in the extent of surgery for early breast cancer on local recurrence and 15-year survival: an overview of the randomised trials.Lancet. 2005; 366: 2087-2106
- Effects of chemotherapy and hormonal therapy for early breast cancer on recurrence and 15-year survival: an overview of the randomised trials.Lancet. 2005; 365: 1687-1717
- A dose-response relationship for radiation-induced heart disease—current issues and future prospects.Int J Epidemiol. 2008; 37: 518-523
Cutter D, Taylor C, Rahimi K, et al. Effects of radiation therapy on the cardiovascular system. In Ewer M, Yeh ETH editors. Cancer and the heart (2nd ed.). In press.
- The clinical database and the treatment guidelines of the Danish Breast Cancer Cooperative Group (DBCG); its 30-years experience and future promise.Acta Oncol. 2008; 47: 506-524
- The Danish national hospital register: a valuable source of data for modern health sciences.Dan Med Bull. 1999; 46: 263-268
National Board of Health and Welfare. Quality and content of the National Patient Register. Discharges from in-patient care 1964–2006 and attendance in out-patient care (excluding primary health care) 1997–2006. [In Swedish]. <http://www.socialtyrlsen.se/NR/rdonlyres>;2010 [accessed 11.06.10].
- Improved estimates of floating absolute risk.Stat Med. 2004; 23: 93-104
World Health Organization statistical information system. Geneva: WHO; 2007. http://www.who.int/whosis/>;2009 [accessed 03.12.2009].
United Nations Population Division. World population prospects (2004 revision: ST/ESA/SER.A/244). New York: UN; 2005.
StataCorp. Stata Statistical Software: Release 9. College Station, TX: StataCorp LP; 2005.
- Cardiac doses from Danish and Swedish breast cancer radiotherapy since the 1970s.Radiother Oncol. 2011; 100: 176-183
- Cardiac exposures in breast cancer radiotherapy: 1950s to 1990s.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2007; 69: 1484-1495
- Congestive heart failure in older women treated with adjuvant anthracycline chemotherapy for breast cancer.J Clin Oncol. 2007; 25: 3808-3815
- Cardiac morbidity of adjuvant radiotherapy for breast cancer.J Clin Oncol. 2005; 30: 7475-7482
- Radiation therapy, cardiac risk factors, and cardiac toxicity in early-stage breast cancer patients.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2007; 68: 82-93
- Myocardial infarction among women with early-stage breast cancer treated with conservative surgery and breast irradiation.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 1998; 40: 359-363
- Assessment of coronary heart disease morbidity and mortality after radiation therapy for early breast cancer.J Clin Oncol. 2002; 20: 1036-1042
- Late cardiac mortality and morbidity in early-stage breast cancer patients after breast-conservation treatment.J Clin Oncol. 2006; 24: 4100-4106
- Cardiotoxic effects of tangential breast cancer irradiation in early breast cancer patients: the role of irradiated heart volume.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2007; 69: 1131-1138
- A population-based case-cohort study of the risk of myocardial infarction following radiation therapy for breast cancer.Radiother Oncol. 2007; 82: 294-300
- Long-term risk of cardiovascular disease in 10-year survivors of breast cancer.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2007; 99: 365-375
- for the EORTC Radiation Oncology & Breast Cancer Groups. Toxicity at three years with and without irradiation of the internal mammary and medial supraclavicular lymph node chain in stage I to III breast cancer (EORTC trial 22922/10925).Acta Oncol. 2010; 49: 24-34
- Morbidity and mortality of ischaemic heart disease in high-risk breast-cancer patients after adjuvant postmastectomy systemic treatment with or without radiotherapy: analysis of DBCG 82b and 82c randomised trials.Lancet. 1999; 354: 1425-1430
- Long-term cardiac morbidity and mortality in a randomized trial of pre- and postoperative radiation therapy versus surgery alone in primary breast cancer.Radiother Oncol. 1998; 48: 185-190
- Prevalence of and factors associated with persistent pain following breast cancer surgery.JAMA. 2009; 302: 1985-1992
- Radiation-related heart disease: current knowledge and future prospects.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2010; 76: 656-665
- Novel insights into pathological changes in muscular arteries of radiotherapy patients.Radiother Oncol. 2009; 92: 477-483
- Sustained inflammation due to nuclear factor-kappa B activation in irradiated human arteries.JACC. 2010; 55: 1227-1236
- Radiation-induced heart disease in rats.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 1985; 11: 801-808
- Radiation dose–volume effects in the heart.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2010; 76: S77-S85
- Cardiac perfusion changes in patients treated for breast cancer with radiation therapy and doxorubicin: preliminary results.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2001; 49: 1023-1028
- Valvular dysfunction and carotid, subclavian, and coronary artery disease in survivors of hodgkin lymphoma treated with radiation therapy.JAMA. 2003; 290: 2831-2837
- Late cardiotoxicity after treatment for Hodgkin lymphoma.Blood. 2007; 109: 1878-1886
- Mortality from cardiovascular disease more than 10 years after radiotherapy for breast cancer: nationwide cohort study of 90 000 Swedish women.BMJ. 2003; 326: 256-257
- Long-term mortality from heart disease and lung cancer after radiotherapy for early breast cancer: prospective study of about 300 000 women in US SEER cancer registries.Lancet Oncol. 2005; 6: 557-565
- Cardiac dose from tangential breast cancer radiotherapy in year 2006.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2008; 72: 501-507
- Potential effect of robust and simple IMRT approach for left-sided breast cancer or cardiac mortality.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2009; 74: 73-80