Background and purpose
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Radiotherapy and Oncology
- Radiotherapy in gastric cancer: a systematic review of literature and new perspectives.Expert Rev Anticancer Ther. 2007; 7: 1379-1393
- A systematic review and meta-analysis of the randomized controlled trials on adjuvant intraperitoneal chemotherapy for resectable gastric cancer.Ann Surg Oncol. 2007; 14: 2702-2713
- The gastric cancer treatment controversy.J Clin Oncol. 2003; 21: 2234-2236
National Cancer Institute. <www.nci.nih.gov>; 2008 [accessed 3.07.08].
- Radiation therapy and combined modality treatment of gastrointestinal carcinomas.Carcinoma Treat Rev. 2006; 32: 119-138
- Gastric carcinoma-patterns of relapse after surgical resection.Semin Radiat Oncol. 2002; 12: 150-161
- The impact of radiotherapy on survival in resectable gastric carcinoma: a meta-analysis of literature data.Cancer Treat Rev. 2007; 33: 729-740
- Stomach.in: Perez C.A. Brady L.W. Principles and practice of radiation oncology. 4th ed. Lippincott–Raven, Philadelphia2004: 1554-1573
- Combined 5-fluorouracil and supervoltage radiation therapy of locally unresectable gastrointestinal cancer.Lancet. 1969; 2: 865-867
- Chemoradiotherapy after surgery compared with surgery alone for adenocarcinoma of the stomach or gastroesophageal junction.N Engl J Med. 2001; 345: 725-730
- Preoperative chemotherapy versus surgery alone for resectable gastroesophageal cancer.N Engl J Med. 2006; 355: 11-20
- Multiinstitutional trial of preoperative chemoradiotherapy in patients with potentially resectable gastric carcinoma.J Clin Oncol. 2004; 22: 2774-2780
- Concentrated preoperative radiotherapy for resectable gastric carcinoma: 20-years follow-up of a randomized trial.J Surg Oncol. 2002; 80: 72-78
- Adjuvant chemotherapy in completely resected gastric cancer: a randomized phase III trial conducted by GOIRC.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2008; 19: 388-398
- Feasibility of sequential therapy with Folfiri followed by docetaxel/cisplatin in patients with radically resected gastric adenocarcinoma. A randomized phase III trial.Oncology. 2006; 71: 341-346
- Adjuvant chemotherapy in gastric cancer: a meta-analysis of randomized trial and a comparison with previous meta-analysis.Tumori. 2002; 88: 21-27
- SBU-group. Swedish council of technology assessment in health care: a systematic overview of chemotherapy effects in gastric cancer.Acta Oncol. 2001; 40: 309-326
- Randomized trial of intraoperative radiotherapy in carcinoma of the stomach.Am J Surg. 1993; 165: 178-187
MacDonald JS, Smalley SR, Benedetti J et al. Chemoradiotherapy after surgery compared with surgery alone for adenocarcinoma of the stomach or gastroesophageal junction: update of the results of Intergroup Study INT-0116 (SWOG 9008). ASCO 2004 gastrointestinal cancer symposium abstract No. 6.
- A randomized trial of the gastrointestinal tract cancer cooperative group of the EORTC.Eur J Surg Oncol. 1989; 15: 535-543
- An observational study suggesting clinical benefit for adjuvant postoperative chemoradiation in a population of over 500 cases after gastric resection with D2 nodal dissection for adenocarcinoma of the stomach.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2005; 63: 1279-1285
- Southwest oncology group and the gastric intergroup: surgical treatment variation in a prospective, randomized trial of chemoradiotherapy in gastric cancer: the effect of undertreatment.Ann Surg Oncol. 2002; 9: 278-286
- Multi-drug chemotherapy with and without radiation for carcinoma of the stomach and pancreas. A prospective randomized trial.J Assoc Can Radiol. 1981; 32: 164-165
- The second British stomach cancer group trail of adjuvant radiotherapy or chemotherapy in respectable gastric cancer: five-year follow-up.Lancet. 1994; 343: 1309-1312
The Gastrointestinal Tumor Study Group. A comparison of combination chemotherapy and combined modality therapy for locally advanced gastric carcinoma. Carcinoma 1982;49:1771–7.
The Gastrointestinal Tumor Study Group. The concept of locally advanced gastric cancer. Cancer 1990;66:2324–30.
- Treatment of locally unresectable cancer of the stomach and pancreas: a randomized comparison of 5-fluorouracile alone with radiation plus concurrent and maintenance 5-fluorouracile – an eastern cooperative oncology group study.J Clin Oncol. 1985; 3: 373-378
- The national cancer data base report on gastric carcinoma.Cancer. 1997; 80: 2333-2341
- A method for assessing the quality of a randomized control trial.Control Clin Trials. 1981; 2: 31-49
- A prospective, randomized trial of pre-operative and intraoperative radiotherapy versus surgery alone in resectable gastric carcinoma.Eur J Surg Oncol. 2000; 26: 773-779
- Combined 5-fluorouracil and radiation therapy as a surgical adjuvant for poor prognosis gastric carcinoma.J Clin Oncol. 1984; 2: 1249-1254
- Intraoperative radiotherapy for carcinoma of the stomach.Eur J Surg Oncol. 1986; 12: 247-250
- A controlled, prospective, randomised trial of adjuvant chemotherapy or radiotherapy in respectable gastric cancer: interim report.Br J Cancer. 1989; 60: 739-744
- Randomized clinical trial on the combination of preoperative irradiation and surgery in the treatment of the adenocarcinoma of gastric cardia (AGC)-report on 370 patients.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 1998; 42: 929-934
- Intensive preoperative radiotherapy with local hyperthermia for the treatment of gastric carcinoma.Surg Oncol. 1994; 3: 37-44
- Prospective randomized trial of combined oncological therapy for gastric carcinoma.Cancer. 1979; 44: 385-391
- Surgical therapy for loco-regional recurrence and distant metastasis of gastric cancer.EJSO. 2002; 28: 455-461
- The “L” shape of survival curve in gastric cancer.Tumori. 2008; 7: S40-S42
Verdecchia A, Francisi S, Brenner H et al. Recent cancer survival in Europe: a 2000–2002 period analysis of EUROCARE-4 data. Lancet Oncol 2007;8:784–96. Erratum in: Lancet Oncol 2008;9:416.
- Extended lymph node dissection for gastric cancer: who may benefit? Final results of the randomized Dutch gastric cancer group trial.J Clin Oncol. 2004; 1: 2069-2077