Background and purpose
Materials and methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Radiotherapy and Oncology
Early Breast Cancer Trialists’ Collaborative Group. Favourable and unfavourable effects on long-term survival of radiotherapy for early breast cancer: an overview of the randomised trials. Lancet 2000;355:1757–70.
- Correlation of breast dose heterogeneity with breast size using 3D CT planning and dose–volume histograms.Radiother Oncol. 1995; 34: 210-218
- Does cosmetic outcome from treatment of primary breast cancer influence psychosocial morbidity?.Eur J Surg Oncol. 1999; 25: 571-573
- The physical basis of IMRT and inverse planning.Br J Radiol. 2003; 76: 678-689
- Randomised trial of standard 2D radiotherapy (RT) versus intensity modulated radiotherapy (IMRT) in patients prescribed breast radiotherapy.Radiother Oncol. 2007; 82: 254-264
- A multicenter randomized trial of breast intensity-modulated radiation therapy to reduce acute radiation dermatitis.J Clin Oncol. 2008; 26: 2085-2092
- Innovative use of a laser camera for 3-dimensional breast radiotherapy planning.Clin Oncol. 2002; 14: S11
- Variability in target volume delineation on CT scans of the breast.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2001; 50: 1366-1372
International Commission on Radiation Units and Measurements. Prescribing, recording, and reporting photon beam therapy. Bethesda, MD: International Commission on Radiation Units and Measurements; 1993.
- Forward-planned breast intensity modulated radiotherapy (IMRT): a novel method using a 3D laser camera.Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2003; 82: S184
- High definition three-dimensional ultrasound to localise the tumour bed: a breast radiotherapy planning study.Radiother Oncol. 2007; 84: 233-241
- A tool to measure radiotherapy complexity and workload: derivation from the basic treatment equivalent (BTE) concept.Clin Oncol (Royal College of Radiologists (Great Britain)). 2001; 13: 14-23
- Intensity modulation to improve dose uniformity with tangential breast radiotherapy: initial clinical experience.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2000; 48: 1559-1568
- Optimized MLC-beam arrangements for tangential breast irradiation.Radiother Oncol. 2000; 54: 209-212
- Evaluation of the dosimetric consequences of adding a single asymmetric or MLC shaped field to a tangential breast radiotherapy technique.Radiother Oncol. 2003; 67: 165-170
- An investigation into methods of IMRT planning applied to breast radiotherapy.Br J Radiol. 2008; 81: 311-322
- Determination of optimal radiation energy for different breast sizes using CT-simulator [correction of simulator] in tangential breast irradiation.Breast Cancer (Tokyo, Japan). 2000; 7: 231-236
- Evaluation of compensation in breast radiotherapy: a planning study using multiple static fields.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2000; 46: 671-679
- Dosimetric improvements following 3D planning of tangential breast irradiation.Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2000; 48: 1569-1574
- Dose-position and dose–volume histogram analysis of standard wedged and intensity modulated treatments in breast radiotherapy.Br J Radiol. 2002; 75: 967-973
- Radiotherapy planning working party. Results of national survey of radiotherapy planning and delivery in the United Kingdom in 2007.Clin Oncol. 2009; 21: 204-217